Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. We hosted two brunches with the exact same menu (to make it easier on me). Saturday we had Josh's mom, niece and nephew over. Sunday we had Josh's dad, stepmom, and stepbro. The food was great both times, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. My souffle on Sunday didn't rise as high as the one on Saturday, so the picture won't be that impressive (since I photographed the Sunday one). But it was still delicious.

Menu:

Spicy mochas with homemade chocolate whipped cream:


Spicy mochas with homemade choc whipped cream- Easter brunch


Ham and Gruyere Souffle:


Ham and gruyere souffle- Easter brunch


Sausage and Cream Cheese Casserole:


Sausage and cream cheese casserole- Easter brunch


Yummy Blackberry Pastry:


Homemade blackberry pastry- Easter brunch



Bacon and Brown Sugar Crackers:


Bacon and brown sugar crackers - Easter Brunch


We are so used to eating light that eating this food two days in a row made our bellies very unhappy (though it was delicious)! We sent the leftovers home with the guests, and I weighed myself last night to see the damage... my weight was normal.

Weighed myself again this morning and somehow lost a half a pound! Not sure how I did it, but this food was so heavy that I really didn't eat much the rest of the weekend. Come to think of it, I still feel kind of full.


PS- Easter Bunny came, too!


Easter bunny came ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment