Monday, March 21, 2011

The WEEKEND!

We had a beautiful start to spring here in Nashville. The weather was just perfect. I was going to attempt to do a photo-an-hour post chronicling our Saturday, but some of the pictures didn't save to my phone, so I'm just going to give you what I've got.

Saturday morning we hit the gym first thing...  For some reason I was just feeling very fatigued and out of breath... I couldn't do even half of what I normally do. While waiting for Josh to finish up, I took my blood pressure and it was 105/55. That's pretty low for me these days, but I think that explains why I was feeling so weak. I know low BP and low blood sugar are not the same thing, but we stopped at Chik-Fil-A after the gym (at my insistence... I only ate the chicken part of my chicken minis and had a yogurt) and a few swigs of orange juice made me feel almost normal again.

Went home, got cleaned up and then I stopped at Target to get some new all-purpose flats, and then went to Whole Foods to get food for our (wine, cheese and chocolate) picnic!


(my basket before checkout)

I mixed honey and red pepper flakes to put on some of the cheese... doesn't it look lovely? Tasted good, too!


We hopped in the car and headed to Arrington Vineyards, about 40 minutes or so away.


My hubbin is so handsome.


We found the perfect place to spread our quilt, and he went to get the wine while I got the food all sorted out.

(one of the jars is the honey, the other is homemade fig jam - also good on cheese!)


Mmmm, cheese!


Mmmm, dessert (the Creole bar was my favorite!)


Best combination ever.


A toast.














(Josh now has 4 pairs of TOMS shoes. He's an addict. These burlap ones are my fave, though)



Sunday was the usual.... Cleaned the house (and finally threw these shoes away. I think they've been through enough, don't you? Happily, I found another pair just like them on ebay, they should be arriving soon!)...



Also made our meal plan for the week and went grocery shopping. After that, I made a stop at Rita's because they were giving away free Italian ices for the first day of spring. I got the raspberry lemonade one, it's my favorite and they hardly ever have it!



I buy bananas every week. Lately, instead of throwing the leftover ones from the previous week away, I've started freezing them to make banana soft serve (just puree it in the blender). Here's what I had last night after my daily butt-kick from Jillian:



I pureed one banana, topped it with 1 Tbsp melted peanut butter and about 5-6 cocoa-roasted almonds. DELICIOUS!  I think protein and potassium are supposed to be good things to have after working out. It tastes just like ice cream (better than, actually) and it was so refreshing and good for me, too. I think I've found my go-to summer treat. Yum!

Here's the boys being weird when we put them to bed last night.


And a gratuitous picture of Jorge, just because:


Hope your weekend was just as fabulous. Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. looks like such a great weekend! I eat the banana puree too! I usually blend in some natural peanutbutter and dark cocoa powder. delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I will have to try it that way... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete