Monday, March 21, 2011

Shred results - 8 days in

So, as you know, I am doing the Jillian Michaels 30-day shred. Yesterday was day 8, and I decided to take some measurements and see if there were any changes. I wasn't expecting anything too drastic, since my weight has stayed exactly the same. Obviously, something is happening, though, because I lost 5.25" inches in 6 days (I first measured myself on day 2, before doing the workout, so I was only one workout in)!

Here are the stats:

 Day 2                                Day 8

Bust 34.5"                          34"
Hips 34.5"                           34.25"
Waist 28.75"                       26.75"
Belly 34"                             32.5"
Thighs 20"                           19"
Calf 11.75"                        12.5"
Arms (normal) 10"               9.5"
Arms (flexed) 10"                9.75"

Total inches lost so far: 5.25"... 3.5" of those were in my waist and belly! Um, and let's just say I hope my calves stop their monster growth.

I don't look like this yet...
But I will someday, right? Ok probably not, but I know I will look like the best version of myself that I can be if I just keep at it.

April 11 is my last day of the shred. I think I'll be starting with the personal trainer at our gym on Wednesday, April 13. Wish me luck, I am going to need it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats awesome! I have this dvd at home but never do it. Hmmm maybe I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it, stick with it, and don't forget to take measurements! It's a really good workout.

    ReplyDelete