Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Every Girl Loves a Handy Man!

I have never really posted pictures of my kitchen on here. Not because I don't love it, because I do. It's not huge by any means, but it's just the right size for us. I love my soft yellow walls and cobalt blue accents. It's a happy kitchen. That's not to say it doesn't need a few changes (floor, curtains, cabinet knobs and hinges ASAP)!

Right before Josh moved in, he was nice enough to give me the (stainless steel) appliances in the kitchen of his old house. He traded me them for my less-than-stellar white ones. However, it wasn't until this past weekend that he got around to swapping out the dishwashers. I still had the white one and the stainless steel one was sitting in his storage unit. But now that all my appliances match, I feel like I can share photos of my kitchen, even though they aren't that great.

And can I just say how nice it is to have a husband that is handy and can do things like swap out dishwashers? Of course Tim helped him, but still. I like having a man that does man things. Grr. It's sexy. And it doesn't hurt that's he's nice to look at, too. Rawr.

Here's what you see walking into the kitchen from the dining room:



The fridge is to the left. The antique metal cabinet was given to me by my stepgrandfather - it belonged to his aunt & dates back to the 30's. I keep a lot of my canning stuff in there. And dog food! Straight back is our laundry room (you can see the hamper and dog beds) and to the left of that is the back door).

Another shot of that wall (curtains came with the house):


Woohoo! Wood floors were found when the old dishwasher was pulled out. I don't know if they extend back to the laundry room (as I think that used to be a back porch), but I am hopeful we can refinish the hardwoods in
the kitchen instead of tiling...



Here's the fridge, part of the dishwasher, etc.Some of my Fiesta is above the cabinest, but it didn't really make it into the picture.



Stove, sink, some of my Fiesta (not a great pic because of how the sun was coming in):




Wow, I need to redo this post someday, because it really doesn't capture the essence of my happy little kitchen at all. But at least my appliances match now!

No comments:

Post a Comment