Monday, July 12, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good!

Early last evening, we set off to the garage in search of my food processor, beacause as I've mentioned one thousand times by now, I've got to make some dang pesto!

At last we unearthed it (yay!), but in the process, we also found my cobalt blue KitchenAid mixer. Sigh. The mixer that had been in storage, 500 miles away for nearly 5 years. 5 years of Holiday baking without it. And now, here it is, looking spiffy on the counter. It's like we've never been apart. Oh, My Precious!



















See how it even emits a heavenly glow? It may just be the photo app I used combined with the nightlight that is plugged in behind it, but I chose to believe otherwise. This mixer was blessed by angels.

This clock (still in the box!) was also found, and hung.



















I have many more things, brand new things, waiting to be re-discovered in my garage full of boxes (once we bug-bomb it. It's treacherous in there!). Things I bought for my last house, the house I considered my dream house, where I fantasized about my kitchen having soft yellow walls and cobalt blue accents (the clock was one of those things).

And now here I am, same neighborhood, very different house, but the soft yellow kitchen walls were already here waiting for me, and now my cobalt blue accents have come home. I guess this is the Universe's way of telling me I am right where I need to to be. Things are not exactly as I dreamed they would be, but can you believe they are even better than I had hoped for?

P.S. I love my beadboard ceilings in the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay for the Aid! And you exactly where you need to be, fo' sho'. ;)

    ReplyDelete