Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weight Loss, week 21 - Changing it up! (And Pilates!)










Over the course of the last 21 weeks, I have done a few different things - started with Weight Watchers, moved to Calorie Counting, attempted the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (got sidelined halfway through due to leg and knee issues), and lost a total of 13 lbs!

I am changing it up yet again. I am over my Wednesday weigh-ins! That's not to say I won't still be weighing myself, because I will be, but since I am going to be doing so much toning and weight work now, I know the scale will most likely go up - and I don't want to report those weigh-ins as a gain, because it will be muscle gain - and that's not a bad thing. A higher number on the scale doesn't have to mean I'm getting bigger... it might just mean that I'm becoming leaner and stronger and replacing those last stubborn unwanted pounds with something more desirable (and less jiggly)!

I'm going to focus less on the numbers now (because I am by no means overweight) and focus more on shaping my body into something strong and beautiful. And who knows, I may be 5 pounds heavier but 2 sizes smaller!

I am looking forward to my new workout schedule. I thrive in class environmnets as opposed to working out on my own, and this is what my schedule is going to look like.

Mondays: Total Body Class at 5:30 p.m. (I've never been to this one, but Josh recommended it)
Tuesdays: Abs at 5:30 a.m., Pilates at 5:30 p.m. (two-a-days! eek!)
Wednesdays: Yoga at 6:15 in the Village (except late June until late August - then Wednesdays will be my off nights)
Thursdays: Abs at 5:30 a.m., Pilates at 5:30 p.m.
Friday: Free Day! (except Late June to late August when I will be doing Yoga at our gym @ 5:40 pm while our regular lady is on Vacation.)
Saturday: Free Day!
Sunday: Free Day!

I think I am going to love this schedule... my weekends will not be devoted to the gym and I can concentrate on the stuff that is important to me - hubbin, dogs, cooking, entertaining, gardening, trying to get my crafting groove back. Generally enjoying life. Instead of zoning in front of the tv or otherwise wasting time most weeknights, I will be getting myself in shape with other like-minded folks. I can't wait!

Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be hard. That abs class is a killer and Pilates isn't an easy-breezy picnic, either! To be honest it will probably take me a few weeks to build up the stamina to do both classes on both days. I will probably just do one ab class a week to start. We did Pilates last night for the first time and although it was very difficult at some points, it was pretty empowering, too! We got to do some moves on the ball
















and also did some killer arm stuff with weights, too. I loved the class. When you are feeling the soreness and sweating 10 minutes in, you know you are working it right! It's similar to yoga in a lot of ways, except the breathing is opposite in most cases, which was confusing. I didn't realize how "used" to yoga I was already and how my breathing wanted to naturally go down the yoga road instead of the pilates road. I didn't know if this class would be a keeper for Josh, but I think it's going to be. It was quite a workout and we're both looking forward to unwinding, relaxing, and releasing at our Yoga class tonight. I think Wednesdays are officially my favorite day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment