Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pretty Little Jars

Saturday, while the Bipster and I were out and about, I bought this box of labels, hoping I'd find some in there that were usable to dress up my canning jars a little.



There are several different designs, and just as many sizes... I know they'll all get some kind of use, eventually. But I did find some that were perfect for the lids of my fig jam....



Now I just have to make a couple more batches so I actually have some to give away for Christmas - that stuff is well-loved, to say the least!

I did a little more canning with my bonus day off on Monday... I made some strawberry jam and the chili-tomato jam (it worked this time)! A few photos...

Strawberry...



Cooking and mashing....




Almost done...



Skimming off the foam...



Letting the husband sample it on a piece of toast (it was heavenly!)



Finished product...




Chili-Tomato Jam:

Lots of peppers... ( Ieven bought two habaneros, but I only put one tiny strip of each one in it - really ratcheted up the heat!)



I was smart enough to wear gloves this time!



cooking it down....



The days bounty! 6 jars of strawberry jam, 7 jars of the chili-tomato jam, and only one tag fastened on them!



Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment