Friday, April 23, 2010

It's a good, good morning!

First of all - it's FRIDAY!

Secondly, I got to work today way early with much time to spare (traffic has been so unkind lately).

Thirdly, yesterday I read a tip online about sprinkling red pepper flakes around your garden to deter squirrels, rabbits, etc. And I don't know WHO has been eating our squash leaves (and one pumpkin leaf), but that crap ends now. So, this morning I woke up when my alarm went off, put on some shoes and trudged out the door with my trusty sidekicks (Julio and Jorge) and an arsenal of red pepper flakes.

As I was sprinkling them around I noticed something that made my heart stop. Overnight, 3 asparagus spears had popped up!!!! They are thin and tiny and adorable. I ran back in the house and told the Bip to put on some shoes (and some pants while he was at it). You should have seen the grin on his face when he saw them. Then he had to talk to them a little (of course!) and give them some extra red pepper for protection.

You know I took some pictures, right?






















Finally living the life I've always wanted. Boring to most, but thrilling to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment