Friday, January 21, 2011

Mmmm, food!

Last night was one of the best WW dinners so far - definitely one we'll repeat often.

First up, chili-lime glazed broiled shrimp (except I was out of limes so I used lemons). It's basically shrimp tossed in garlic, chiles en adobo, salt, lime juice & zest.



On the side we had "Warm Chile Spiced Edamame". Oh my heavens. First, we boiled the edamame according to the package directions, then popped it in a skillet for a minute with some canola oil, chipotle chile powder,cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.




Absolutely full of flavor and delicious!! However, I am so used now to not having salt, that the 1 tsp that was in it felt like too much to me. Next time I'll halve that amount.

I chose to keep it separated:



But the Bipster mixed it all together.


Either way, it was delicious. And speaking of delicious, I have finally finished browsing my newest WW cookbook (and marked something on just about every page that I want to cook!)... how wonderful does this look? The Bip wouldn't be caught dead eating it, but that's alright... just means more for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment