Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday night, the hot dog urge overtook us and we met at Huckleberry's for some of their delicious hotdogs served on garlic Texas Toast. I got mine with baked beans.



So delicious.

Saturday morning, I was off to the Farmer's Market again for more chocolate milk and some eggs. I had a small chocolate "chug" and a small tomato and goat cheese quiche.



When I got home, I went with Josh to the Frist because he had to write a paper. We saw the Impressionism exhibit, and they also had a few pieces from Chihuly... I am so bummed we missed it at Cheekwood.




(I need a haircut so bad... I am also going to get it colored the next time I get it cut. Greys begone!)






It was so overcast when we went in.






This was really the only impressive Chihuly thing that they had. The rest of the glass pieces didn't really move me, but I did love his paintings.






It was beautiful and sunny when we left.



Yesterday (Sunday) I FINISHED ALL OF OUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! I am so proud to have it all done this early. I did the majority of it online, but went out to get a few things - stocking stuffers and gift cards, bows, etc. But it's ALL DONE. I just have to wait for it all to arrive on my doorstep so I can wrap it. We're not going to Ohio this year and I am debating how early to send the gifts and baked goods up there.

I also started two more batches of strawberry vodka yeasterday.


Just a couple more batches to go... maybe another strawberry and two more pear. Each jar makes enough for two gift bottles. Infusing is so much fun. I can't wait to try different things next year - I have a white wine recipe that looks interesting, and also some brandies.

No comments:

Post a Comment