Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Hangover

It's been over a week since I've read any blogs, and even longer than that since I've posted. Starting to get caught up, but it's a busy time of year both at work and home! And it's not over yet... tonight we do Christmas with The Bip's mom and siblings, and Saturday with his dad. Since I had the bright idea to do mostly homemade gifts this year, and since our gatherings have been so spread out (and we didn't go up north this year), I feel like I have been baking/cooking around the clock for the last week!

Christmas Eve morning, I gave the dogs their gifts (I couldn't wait)! Here's Julio guarding some of his new treasures:

Julio guarding some of his Christmas loot

Some of our Christmas cards (we put the picture cards on the fridge):
Some of our Xmas cards

Later in the day we opened gifts, including the ones from my mom. She put these hats in our stockings:
Thanks, mom!

New hats!!

I gave the Bipster some new lounging clothes... I think it's time we kissed that Cooter's hoodie goodbye! Expect to see him wearing this in every picture from now until summer:



That evening we had Josh's mom, sister, niece and nephew over for Christmas dinner. I made a roasted chicken, parmesan smashed potatoes, roasted veggies, rolls, and chocolate chip pie. I roasted the poor chicken upside down, but it still tasted good.









We woke up to a white Christmas:
White Christmas...

Puppy toes

Tim and Meredith came over for breakfast. We handed out Christmas slippers:


and then ate some delicious food, including this pastry (we also had cranberry scones, fruit salad, a sausage casserole and spicy mochas):


There's that sweatshirt again!


Then we watched Christmas Vacation:

Watching Xmas vacation

Xmas feets

It's all basically just one big blur, I am glad I took some photos, though. Wish I had a good camera so I could take more (ahem).

Josh also got a skull and bones snuggie from my mom. But he's probably wearing the new sweatshirt underneath, of course.
Julio says,
(I love Julio's face in that pic)

I am excited for the Christmas gathering tonight, very excited for Josh's mom to get the family photo we did and the photo book. Hope she loves it... feels like I've been waiting to give it to her forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment