Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birthday Surprise!

I will be turning the big 3-5 next week, and when my husband asked me what I wanted as a gift, I asked for him to redo the third wall of shelves in our library/office.

This is what they looked like when we installed the shelves last year...



Unfortunately it quickly became apparent that we needed an anchoring strip in the middle, as well as shelves extending all the way up the wall (since it's such a short wall, we misjudged!). Despite the room being full of shelves, there were simply not enough and I couldn't really put too much on this wall because it couldn't handle the weight.

(Complete library post is here if you missed it the first time around.)

I really didn't think he would end up doing them, but I came home last Friday to find this:



and a sweet note saying we were going to Pam's (once he was done mowing the lawn) to have some good southern food for dinner. What is it with me loving to eat at little dive restaurants? Wait, I know - it's the FOOD!



And the company...



And it's the amazing thick bacon and chocolate gravy and biscuits that make me go back the next morning...



And I wonder why I've gained 3 lbs.

ANYhoo... I am thrilled with the shelves.... except for the fact he has yet to let me put anything more on them than what was already there. Which sort of defeats the purpose, don't you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment