Monday, October 24, 2011

New Bedding!

Remember the day Missoni broke the internet, caused catfights in Target stores, and got all their inventory wiped out in about 4 hours? Yeah, that day.

It was was weird, because I had somehow gotten wind of some of the stuff they were going to have and I liked so much of it - I never get excited about these kinds of things or really even pay attention, to be honest. I even made a post about it here.

I had no idea everyone else in the world was counting down the days for it to arrive, too, and that there was going to be so much hysteria. Well, needless to say, it's near impossible to find much of anything left of it in Target, all these weeks later. But last week, I spied this duvet set.



At the time, it never crossed my mind to buy it, only that I liked it and that it would probably be gone in a flash.

For some reason though, I couldn't get it out of my head. I loved it. All the colors, specifically that cantaloupe color that is in it (I'm feeling a real affinity for that color and also deep peacock these days). I especially like that the pattern is so small that it reads more "stripey" than "chevron". My lord, I am sick of the chevron madness. I don't even like the word. But by George, I wanted that duvet set. I made up my mind that even though I didn't really NEED it, if it was still there this past weekend, it was supposed to be mine. And it was. So now I have it.

I don't know where we're going to put it, to be honest. We may save it for the next house, or I may feel like redecorating one of the bedrooms come spring. All I know is I love it, and I am glad I made the decision to make it mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment