Friday, June 10, 2011

Dude, where's my Zen?



These are total first-world problems, but I can't help but find it comical that I've been geting into a good groove with my fitness routine, not to mention mentally (yoga!), and it's all just went wacko on me a little more each week lately!

First of all, next week is our last yoga class in the Village until late August because our instructor is going on vacation. This is seriously stressing me out, because I know any substitute I do find will pale in comparison. A couple weeks ago (and I already mentioned this), I took the yoga class offered at our gym. Not the same, but it would do for 2 months... and then the next day I found out they cancelled yoga classes. So my first one there was also the last.

Tuesday and Thursday is Pilates at my gym. Two different instructors, and I prefer the Thursday night class, because even though she hurts the heck out of my hips and legs (I mean, she is just brutal... I felt like I was going to die if I had to draw one more circle on the ceiling with my foot last night), she has a very soothing personality and she plays relaxing music. The other lady is good, too, but it's what I call "frantic Pilates"... upbeat music, constant motion. I like both, but I just prefer the calmer atmosphere of the Thursday class. Last night, after class (when I'm feeling kind of blissful and satisfied), she tells us she put in her notice and will only be teaching two more weeks. What What What???? Also, she wasn't sure if they were going to keep up the Thursday night class and find someone else, or just cancel it altogether.

Cue my abandonment issues.

Right now I am hoping and praying (and posting on their Facebook wall) that they will replace her, but who knows? They already took my yoga away. Worst case scenario, I'm going to be doing Pilates to Justin Timberlake for the duration of our gym membership!

No comments:

Post a Comment