Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What's going on...

I've been a very bad blogger as of late. Not much to report, just a couple of little things, but here goes.

We'll start with the big thing. Big to me, anyway. I got a camera!


















It's a Lumix FZ40 and I am in love with it. I have only had two digital cameras in my life. The first was a 2 megapixel point and shoot that I got around 2004. It finally died in 2009. Josh bought me another point and shoot in 2009 and it died within about 6-8 months. So I've been without a camera for a year and a half. I do love all the things I can do with my iphone, but I really needed a REAL camera. Granted, this is still a point and shoot, but it's stellar. There's a lot of manual modes I can use, too, but it is going to take me a while to master them. The lens is fantastic and so is the zoom... It is great in low-light, too, which is good because I am not a big fan of using flash unless I have to!

Here are two photos I have taken with it.

P1000333

P1000397

I did edit those in picnik for my own personal jollies, but you get the idea. Here is another one, but it's not good quality, because I snapped a pic with my iphone of the back camera display and then edited it through instagram (on my phone). It's just such a cute picture, though.



In other news, I tried to copy an idea I saw on pinterest, and I don't know if I am exactly thrilled with the results.



Could be worse, though, I guess.

Ooh, I created a facebook group to get to know my neighborhood ladies better. I added about 10 or 11 people to it and by the end of the first day we had over 50. One of my neighborhood friends graciously offered to host our first "official" gathering at her house. We had a potluck brunch and a total of about 22-25 ladies! I even got to meet a fellow neighbor-blogger, Jane! Just adore her and I am so grateful to have such great folks in my neighborhood. This is just a fraction of the food we had.



Getting to try one of everything was impossible, of course because there was so much! I look forward to our future gatherings.

Speaking of food, this has been our weekend breakfast for the last couple of weeks.



Butter a muffin pan, melt butter and syrup together and brush on both sides of flattened bread and put into muffin cup. Add some (mostly) cooked bacon (it will continue to cook when it bakes), crack an egg in it, top with cheese if you want, and bake it for about 20-25 minutes. Yum!

Time to catch up on blog reading - hope everyone is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment