Monday, February 27, 2012

Playing catch up!

I'm going to post about this past (most recent) weekend first and then hopefully I'll have time later to post about the one previous. Exciting things (well, exciting to ME) going on in my little world.

Friday I took the day off from work. Went to the dentist and got bad news. Yuck. Going to get a second opinion from another dentist next week and hopefully an affordable payment plan (we're talking $3500 worth of work, folks). Well, in any case, that was depressing. And it made my mouth sore so I came home and took a nap and then got ready to go meet my MIL and SIL for dinner and then the Jason Aldean/Luke Bryan concert. I will be the first person to tell ya, I don't generally like "new" country music. I seriously love the stuff that came out in the 90's, or I prefer old country - George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Johnny Cash, Kenny Rogers - the classics. But Jason and Luke put on a heck of a show!! It was a lot of fun. Live music is so good for the soul, and living in Nashville.... sometimes you've just gotta embrace the country!





Me and my sis in law wearing our new shirts. I had to get the Dirt Road Anthem shirt for two reasons: #1 The beginning of the video was shot right around/in my neighborhood, and #2 the song references George Jones. So that was a no-brainer.


Having fun at the show!


This was my SIL's drink at dinner. A Blackberry Volcano. So cool, and tasty, too!

Saturday Morning, Josh and I went to a local coffee shop just a mile or so away. They will be moving INTO our neighborhood soon, pretty much right up the street and around the corner from us!



Then we stopped at an Estate Sale in our hood, where we got a box full of vintage goodies for $9.50.



After that I had an appointment, and after the appointment, picked up my friend Kristina because she wanted to go to the Estate Sale, too. We kind of rushed through it the first time so I didn't get to see everything, so I was excited to get to go again. Spent another $13, will show you my total haul in a second.

We had a little more time to kill, so Kristina suggested we go to The Beehive, which is a little local store that sells fun things for the home and garden. We had never been there before, so why the heck not?

Well, I had bought a little vintage orange bowl at the estate sale that I wanted to plant succulents in, and sure enough, the Beehive had some succulents. I went out to my car to get my bowl and see what would fit. The lady that worked there looked that bottom of the bowl and said "This is a vintage McCoy! You only paid $5 for it?" (price tag was still on it) I told her everything there was half priced, so I actually only paid $2.50. She said the flower frog that was in it (search image here https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1603&bih=750&q=flower+frog&gbv=2&oq=flower+fro&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=1&gs_upl=1255l4209l0l7048l12l12l1l1l1l0l162l718l8.2l10l0) was worth $5 alone. I had no use for the flower frog, so I gave it to her and she seemed happy about that. Meanwhile, I got my succulents and a McCoy for $2.50 and I was happy about THAT!



Here is everything I got at the estate sale:



So many fun vintage books, I can never resist those!







Also started my first batch of vanilla vodka - we'll see how it turns out. Should be ready today or tomorrow:



Decided to display some of my vintage pieces of Fiesta that never get used and put them in the hutch. I rearranged it a million times, but I think I am finally happy with this:



My shelves are still a work in progress, though. They will be the death of me!

1 comment:

  1. Love the stemware you scored, and your Fiesta in the hutch!!

    ReplyDelete