Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Recap

It was not a very exciting weekend at Casa Parker. Of course, there is no such thing as a bad weekend, but I didn't feel like we packed much fun into this one.

The Bipster is a full time student, but bascially school takes more of his time than any job ever could. He has classes only 2.5 days a week (all day Tues & Thurs, half a day Wed), and he is off every Monday and Friday. I thought this would be a great semester that would give us a lot of time together, but unfortunately it does not. He spends most nights (5 or 6 nights out of 7) studying until 11 or later. And he has a big test coming up on Thursday, which meant there was no fun to be had together this past weekend. We were invited to go to a pumpkin patch/farm with some friends on Sunday, but unfortunately were not able to make that happen because of his study schedule. The good news is his GPA is above a 4.0, and I greatly admire his ambition and drive. It's all going to pay off in the not-too-distant (but still a little-too-far-away) future. In the meantime, I've kinda been going it alone, hence all the canning and 'solo projects.' I'm really looking forward to next semester (hurry up, 2011!) and hoping it will be a lighter workload for him, which will translate into more fun for us!

But anyway, here's what did happen this weekend.

Saturday I sanded & painted an old dresser we've had that we hadn't gotten around to tackling yet, and gave it some new knobs, too.



Now the Student officially has his own dresser! He hasn't had one since he moved in. He had been keeping his clothes in this old antique freestanding cabinet that was in my room. We moved that cabinet into the guest room, and now the top door holds bathroom linens and the bottom holds my craft stuff and extensive stationery collection. I may try to find a way to move my stuff out of there and into the bottom doors of our dining room hutch. Our house is old (82 years) and storage space is limited. I have a lot of great storage/multi-purpose furniture pieces (most had been in storage for 5 years!) and it's a slow process, but I'm trying to utilize those pieces to work for us in the best way possible, while still looking pretty. I'm really loving the way the guest room is coming along!

Saturday I also went to the grocery store and did that type of thing. Nothing that exciting, though it's always good to cross a project off of the list, you know?

It took me forever to get Julio to stay still long enough for me to snap this pic:



But it's cute, huh?

Sunday, I woke up feeling a little yucky. Then the sneezing and coughing started and I graduated to feeling like full-blown crap. I did make a Starbucks run (a nice hot mocha sounded like it would make me feel better) while Josh made breakfast (sausage and biscuits). Then I hit the couch and spent some quality time with the TV and the dogs.



The Bipster was kind enough to take a break from studying and bathe the two rascals:





Even though I took medicine, I didn't really start feeling better until about 3 p.m. It was a bummer, because Sundays are usually the days I feel super motivated to get things done. But I dragged my butt off of the couch, organized my craft stuff (although a lot of it is missing - hope to track it down soon!), got the spare room somewhat in order, and next thing I knew, it was time to wind down for bed. I fell asleep around 9:30 and woke up at midnight... Josh was still up and had the TV on in the library. I couldn't get back to sleep. I was up until 3 or so, and just drifted in and out of sleep here and there until 6 a.m. So today is a tired and kind of grouchy day. But one thing happened this weekend that is going to bring me smiles and laughter for days to come. Josh decided to put on my PJ pants, and by Golly, they look better on him (though a little too short)!



He always finds a way to make me laugh!

Have a good Monday and a happy week! I vow to be more productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment