Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Graceland & Heartbreak Hotel

Josh and I and some friends went to Graceland for my friend LeAnn's 33rd birthday in early March. We stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel across the street from the King's house. This was my 4th time visiting Graceland and my 2nd time at the HH. I gotta say, it's truly more fun with each visit. Of course, it helps to have great company - which we did. The best thing about the Heartbreak Hotel (in my opinion) is that they have 3 All-Elvis, All-The-Time channels. One is music (sort of like the "Music Choice" channels on cable), one is Elvis movies, and the other is concert/video footage. That last one, of course, is my favorite! We all had some drinks and boogie-boogie-boogied to ElvisTV. It's a great way to tire yourself out. We capped off the tour the next day by buying a pack of sharpies and drawing/writing on the wall outside of his house. It was a very happy weekend.

Can't wait to go back!

Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich at Heartbreak Hotel












The Bip opted for wings...












































































It was Josh's first trip to Graceland (even though he is a Nashville native), and it was a very good thing he went... We are getting married in September in Vegas, BY Elvis, and well, it just didn't seem right to get married by Elvis until he had made the pilgramage to Graceland with me!

He's my hunka-hunka burnin' love!

No comments:

Post a Comment